Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

MACHIUKA WIFI RADIO PROJECT pag.3

Part II.b. Some technical hints regarding the hardware (cont.)

As I said, for sending remote control codes from Arduino to router I used the serial transmission via USB.
In order to do that I use another Arduino Pro Mini (I have a 5V one) with a FTDI basic breakout board (I have a 3,3V one).
Fortunately the pair FTDI 3,3V - Arduino Pro Mini 5V works flawlessly.
Below I'll show you the wiring diagram between the two.
FTDI board 3,3VArduino Pro Mini 5V
GNDRAW
CTSGND
3V3Vcc
TX0RX0
RX0TXO
DTRDTR
And voila' the lovely pair
Note:You may load also the sketch from computer into Arduino Pro Mini 5V with the 3,3V FTDI BASIC breakout board. I notice also that the 5V version of Arduino Pro Mini is cheaper than the 3.3 V version.
Now follows one of the most delicate part of our project: to fix an external antenna (pigtail) to our little MR 3020 router. You need that because when you put the cover on the SSR case you lose the WiFi signal. Another way could be to cut the lid of the SSR case and to insert the router from above.
Attaching a pigtail to 3020 router is described here: How to connect a pitgail to a MR 3020 router

I've sacrificed an old MSI router with an external antenna. To open the case of the MR 3020 router is relatively easy. See the instructions here:Opening the case of a MR 3020 router.
My final result could be observed in the pictures below. You could also notice in the left side of the antenna the speaker's potentiometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment